Macedon Historical Society

Preserving the history of Macedon, N.Y.

Home About
  Us  
Maps Photos
Videos
Macedon
Academy
Articles Calendar Renovation Links

Quaker/O'neil Bridge Conversion

Back to Recent Events

On June 1, 2017 the bridge that carried Quaker/O'neil Road over the canal was converted to pedestrian use only. It was built in 1914 and no longer was capable of handling vehicular traffic. As a pedestrian bridge, it is used as part of the Erie Canalway Trail to allow people to cross the canal as the Trail moves from the south side of the canal to the north side.

Click images to enlarge.



This video was taken on May 26, 2017.