Erie Street Water Tank Demolition
The water tank on the hill next to the village cemetery was built in 1956 by the Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Company. It held 500,000 gallons of water and was filled from wells located north of Route 31 and west of Canandaigua Road. It was built to improve water pressure and it replaced a concrete reservoir that was located on Lapham Hill. The tank was last used in January 2016 and was demolished in October 2017.
Click images to enlarge.